Wednesday 8 June 2016

Hong Kong

Pretty much exactly what I expected except for the lack of westerners, I somehow imagined a lot more white faces and english speakers. Hong kong is of course very different to the mainland starting with driving on the left like here and ending with having fairly open internet access and no problems with mobile phones.


Its basically not a very big place and has a lot of people and on this trip was the only place I really felt overwhelmed by the number of humans that can be packed into a market street.




As in the mainland the buildings do get dressed up at night which is clearly why they need this ---below 

Massive power station on Lama Island 




Streets and food shops as I expected 




But I didn't expect this on Lamma Island about a 20 minute boat ride from Hong Kong Harbour - an island with no cars only push bikes and the occasional quad bike. It had an oddly western feel and one of the funkiest Cafes I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment